Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Geisler's Chosen But Free, 3rd ed.

Available at Amazon.com
Dr. Norman Geisler's 3rd edition of his seminal book, Chosen But Free has recently been released. Having read the previous edition, this reminds me that this book is an excellent addition to any church library or study group. Amazon has it available at a very reasonable price. I did note this week that one of sound Christianity's more vocal internet antagonists is somewhat miffed that he is considerably less prominently mentioned in the 3rd edition but given the purpose is the edification of the Christian body I don't think Mr. James White (author of The Potter's Freedom) should take offense at playing second fiddle to Christ.

4 comments:

The Seeking Disciple said...

I saw where Dr. White has already responded to the third edition. He claims that the reason that he is missing and the appendix that deals with his book, THE POTTER'S FREEDOM, is gone because Geisler simply can't match his thinking and theology. I found that a bit humorous to say the least.

A.M. Mallett said...

I didn't listen to Mr. White's audio but I gather form his written comments that he is somewhat miffed about having a considerably less prominent role to play. Perhaps he just doesn't look as good on a bigger stage, I don't know. In any event, I think White's animosity toward those who have challenged him in the past is shading his judgment.

bossmanham said...

Is it just me, or is White a little full of himself?

A.M. Mallett said...

Mr. White is a fairly athletic guy and since he is full of himself at least to the eyeballs, that's a bit more than just a little.